Unique Inns Search
Find your Unique Inn using the search options below.
The Inn at Occidental's Homemade Granola
From Inn at Occidental
This recipe is quick, easy, and very tasty. Almonds, walnuts, pecans, coconut, sesame seeds and honey are just a few of the delectable ingredients that make this the most delicious and nutty granola out there, you won't be disappointed. This granola recipe never fails to get compliments from guests!
5 cups uncooked oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup broken walnut meats
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup sesame seeds
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
1 cup safflower oil
1 cup honey
1 cup raisins
1 cup currants
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine first eight ingredients above and mix well.
3. Heat oil and honey together in small pan until melted.
4. Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Spread mixture onto cookie sheets and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
6. When cool, add raisins and currants.
Substitute dried cranberries for the raisins for a bit more zing. Try doubling the coconut.