Vegan Potato Pancake Stack
It's not hard to see why this Vegan Potato Pancake Stack recipe from Portland's White House is a guest favorite! Impressive looking, delicious tasting and easily adaptable, it's fun to make too!
- Boil baby blend of Red, Yukon gold and purple potatoes until soft
- Mash, add salt, cumin and pepper then form into a potato pancake
- Cook in a sauté pan in olive oil until crispy brown on each side
- On the potato pancake layer next
- In olive oil add a little salt and sauté the chopped or sliced onions until they caramelize.
- Over the onions add sautéed mushrooms
- In olive oil add a little truffle salt and pepper with a little red wine to sauté the mushrooms
On the side add Asparagus
- Sprinkle rock salt and olive oil over the asparagus and bake at 350 on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes in the oven...
- Garnish with a sautéed baby bell pepper, chopped green onion and tomatoes.
You could add other vegetables and/or tofu. Or another op add 2 poached eggs and do a mushroom sauce or hollandaise over it.