Top 6 Places to Visit in Placerville
Nestled in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas, Placerville is a beautiful little gold rush town steeped in history and rich with things to see and do!
- Boa Vista Orchards – Open daily, year round, this beautiful orchard offers a huge selection of fresh produce, baked goods, ciders, wines and much more.
- Hangtown’s Gold Bug Park – Step back in time with a visit to a real gold mine from back in the gold rush days. Explore the Gold Bug, mining museum, historic stamp mill and working blacksmith shop.
- High Hill Ranch – Family owned since 1960, the ranch offers many activates including a trout fishing pond, pumpkin patch, tractor hayrides, pony rides, craft shows and wine tasting!
- Bell Tower – Built in the late 1800’s, the Bell tower is unique sight that can be found in the middle of town.
- Placerville Historical Museum – A hidden gem, this museum is a must visit for anyone interested in Placerville and Gold Country. Hear stories you won’t hear of anywhere else from friendly local historians.
For the best accommodation in Placerville: