5 Best Outdoor Sights to See in Carmel
Carmel, other wise known as Carmel by the sea, is a city in Monterey County founded in 1902 that is well known for its stunning natural scenery. Here is a list of the best outdoor sights to see according to travellers:
- Point Lobos - Watch magnificent whales in the Winter or playful sea lions all year round at this Bay Area nature reserve.
- Carmel River Beach - Discover where the Carmel River meets the ocean and you can see divers, surfers, water birds and tide pools teeming with life.
- China Cove and Gibson Beach - Easily accessed from Bird Island Trail, a peaceful place to walk and listen to the pine trees sing as they sway with the ocean breeze.
- Scenic Road Walkway - Explore what locals call the “Golden Rectangle” and discover one of a kind residential homes, large cypress trees and white sandy beaches.
- Garrapta State Park - The perfect spot to take the quintessential long walk on a sandy beach at sunset, if you like that sort of thing.
The Vagabond's House Boutique Inn and Spa Studio, an English Tudor Styled Inn, is nestled in the heart of the village of Carmel-By-The-Sea. This Carmel Bed and Breakfast has earned its place as the most delightful Boutique Inn on the Monterey Bay Peninsula.